Pro Wrestling Nova
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official home of Pro Wrestling Nova.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Defiant Card
Chapter 21 July 22nd, 2023
RP Deadline: July 21th, 2023, 11:59 pm CST

Main Event: Roxanne Vendetta vs. Miho Li vs. Wil Pierce Triple Threat match for the "Wild Card" spot for Stephanie Matsuda/Ian Dickson/??? World Title match
Jacob Striker vs. Christopher Sabertooth SSW Intercontinental title match
Raijin Hunter vs. Stark
The Rogue Horsemen (Ryo Sakazaki/Kain Reyes) vs. Hans Olsen/El Landerson vs. The Shinigami Foundation (David Gibson/Thomas Bane) Triple Threat for the vacant SSW Puroeseu Tag Team championships.
Bianca Davis vs. Megane Diavola
Logan Burgess vs. Hellfighter & Madison Wright vs. Celes Dumont
Latest topics
» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 11:28 am by The Office

» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 am by The Office

» Havok from Japan tour section 2
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 9:27 am by The Office

» HAVOC from Japan tour section 1
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 am by The Office

» Havoc Television #1: Beginnings
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 11:34 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 9:13 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 9:50 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Second Time Around Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 am by The Office

Second Time Around

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matsuda

Matsuda

Second Time Around Empty
PostSubject: Second Time Around   Second Time Around Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Defiant Promo #1

“Second Time Around”

Stephanie sat in her office, quietly sipping from a whiskey glass. She could still feel the wounds suffered from her match with April Song at Wrestleworld’s Dominion episode. It was one of the most intense matches she’s had in a while, and her body wasn’t recovering the way it used to. Maybe all this fighting was too much for her. Maybe she should take Azumi’s advice and slow it down a little. Maybe she should be like Tarah and think of an exit plan. How long could she keep this up? Yes, she was having the career renaissance of a lifetime, but it would be all for nothing if her body broke down halfway through the year. The War Queen sighed to herself. She wanted to live her life on her own terms and if this year was going to be her last - in either her career or her life - and then she was going to make it one hell of a year. Stephanie took one more sip before turning on the camera. She had an opponent to address. It was time she and Alex finished things once and for all…

---------------------------------

“If there’s anything I find annoying is when a good fight is interrupted. Especially when I’m involved. Alex Pierce and I were having a match of the year contender and unfortunately, certain people had other ideas. Now we find ourselves in a Jade Rules Match, one where those who have other plans will be severely punished. That’s all fine and dandy, I guess. It’s funny...a lot has happened since my last match against Mr. Pierce. I’m waging war against Claudia Michaels on Wrestleworld, I’m the WWH Women’s World Champion, and I’m on the verge of retiring Tarah Nova, a legend in this business. I would add beating April Song to that list, but somebody had other plans…”

Stephanie’s eyes narrow for a moment.

“E-excuse me, it’s been a long couple of weeks. Hell, when Alex and I last fought, the world was a different place. So much has happened in such little time. Kobe was alive...wow, just so much. Well, war never ends. Another week, another fight, and I’ll be one step closer to solidifying my legacy in this business. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s about. I came to PWN to discover new challenges and trust me when I say Alex Pierce is as challenging as they come. We have a destiny to fulfill...to show the world what a real wrestling match looks like. I intend on keeping my promise to fulfill that destiny. My only hope is that Alex brings the fire as he did before. I intend on winning this match and moving onward towards the tournament. Despite the state of the world, 2020 remains #BLZNSZN and what I’ve accomplished so far is only the beginning. I will make it to the upper echelon of pro wrestling history and the prize waiting for me at the end of this tournament will be the key to securing my legacy. I was criticized for spreading myself too thin...but in this business you’re only given so much time to make a name for yourself. My name...is tarnished in certain places. This second half of my career is about redemption, it’s about writing those wrongs. This is about taking things to a whole new level. It’s not that I want to erase my past accomplishments, but use my current success to wipe the dirt from my name. Alex doesn’t know or understand how much this match means to me, and what a victory will mean to my career. The story of The War Queen - my story - has its ups and downs. There are wins losses, death, and rebirth. The fool’s journey...the path of the hero with the side stories of a villain reformed. The throne I sit and observe upon was won through blood, sweat, and tears. One day somebody will off my head, but until then, Wonderland is mine. And instead of an Alice, there’s an Alex who wants to use me as a stepping stone to build his own legacy. It’s like a game of Risk, but without the ability to start over. I’ve spent 11 years in this business and there’s no reset button for my kind. What I do in the next ten years determine my fate. Heh, if I even make it that far.”

Stephanie chuckles to herself as she takes a sip of whiskey.

“Combat sports don’t leave a lot to the imagination when it comes to a career lifespan. If you take one too many losses, nobody wants you. Every time that bell rings, you face a chance of a career-ending injury. There are no 401ks for the likes of us, there’s no retirement plan, no kind of severance pay. From the moment you get that $50 bucks from your first match, you have to be smart with your money. If the worst came to pass, I think I would be okay, but at this point in my career, it’s no longer about the money. I want immortality. I want to be hailed as the undisputed best in this business and that’s something I’m willing to risk everything for. Why? Because I’m fucking good at what I do. When you’re good at your job, you want to leave a lasting impression. Be the change you want to see. Look into the eyes of your younger self, the little whippersnapper looking to make a name for themselves and show them what awaits years later. Some win their first major title in their first year, and I know plenty who have. But most of them are no longer fighting. They don’t have the patience that people like me and Alex have. This rematch is between two industry veterans who survived the worst and fought the best. Come now sweets, you and I have a date with the devil under the pale moonlight.”

Stephanie takes one more sip before turning off the camera.

“Know it. Understand it. Believe it.”
Back to top Go down

Second Time Around
Page 1 of 1