Pro Wrestling Nova
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official home of Pro Wrestling Nova.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Defiant Card
Chapter 21 July 22nd, 2023
RP Deadline: July 21th, 2023, 11:59 pm CST

Main Event: Roxanne Vendetta vs. Miho Li vs. Wil Pierce Triple Threat match for the "Wild Card" spot for Stephanie Matsuda/Ian Dickson/??? World Title match
Jacob Striker vs. Christopher Sabertooth SSW Intercontinental title match
Raijin Hunter vs. Stark
The Rogue Horsemen (Ryo Sakazaki/Kain Reyes) vs. Hans Olsen/El Landerson vs. The Shinigami Foundation (David Gibson/Thomas Bane) Triple Threat for the vacant SSW Puroeseu Tag Team championships.
Bianca Davis vs. Megane Diavola
Logan Burgess vs. Hellfighter & Madison Wright vs. Celes Dumont
Latest topics
» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 11:28 am by The Office

» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 am by The Office

» Havok from Japan tour section 2
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 9:27 am by The Office

» HAVOC from Japan tour section 1
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 am by The Office

» Havoc Television #1: Beginnings
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 11:34 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 9:13 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 9:50 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 am by The Office

Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies”

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BTM

Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Empty
PostSubject: Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies”   Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies” Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Date: 04/27/2020

The gruff voice of Arthur Morgan could be heard growling out slight insults as the character in question was hiding behind a tree and shooting at members of the Mumford Brood as Robert Garcia quickly thumbed the R3 button of his PS4 controller and the screen quickly descended into Dead Eye mode.

From his spot next to the Latino, David Bennett simply smirked as he took a pull from the can that he was drinking from.

David:
I’m telling you, Rob, that this game is a hell of a lot more fun than that animal game that you have been playing on your switch during the road trips.

Robert:
But I happen to LIKE Animal Crossing.

From his spot reclining comfortably on the room’s other couch, Uiriamu Minami snorted back a laugh as he continued to look at something on his phone while in Ryo’s kitchen, Ryo himself leaned out of the doorway and simply shook his head at Robert.

Robert:
*HEY*! I’m not the one who bought the Disney Afternoon game pack on the PSN store!!

Ryo's simple comeback was to blow a raspberry at Robert before ducking his head back into the kitchen.

Ryo:
So I happen to like classic Nintendo games like that and if you will recall, my good brother, that I also bought the Castlevania complete collection as well?

Robert:
Yeah well...you got a point there…

David nearly choked on his drink as he tried to drink and laugh at the same time which drew a cross look from Robert.

Robert:
And don’t get me started with you, ya little shit!

David:
ME?! What did I do?!

Robert simply turned and looked at the youngest member of the group with a “Seriously?” kind of look to which Bennett simply looked kind of sheepish and slinked back in his seat.

David:
Retracted.

Ryo’s barking laugh came echoing from the kitchen as Uri simply rolled his eyes and kept an eye on the various Twitter feeds on his phone and the more that he read over it, the more angry he grew inside.

He looked at how cheerful the person was, how happy she was hoisting up the two sets of tag titles, talked about how they would do better next time, and the reassuring of people.

Uri had to close out of Twitter and then blank his screen before tossing his phone onto the table next to him before he took a long pull from his can of lager and reflected on things as he took a look at the people in the room.and quietly mulled over things in his head-he was originally born in Tokyo, but his parents had been given a unique chance shortly after his birth and they moved their small family to Sleepy Hollow and PeachTree street.

It was there that he would befriend the other kids on that street-Ryo, Rob, and Jake-growing up with them and becoming thick as thieves.

But Uri had the more unique problem-he was the oldest of the four and as such he was usually the one that the parents usually yelled at when their hijinx went awry-as the oldest he “knew better”.

That always brought a pained laugh from Uri when he thought about it.

However as they grew older, he realized that the others usually came to him for advice since he was usually the more level headed of the group-Ryo was calm and laid back, Rob was hot tempered but quirky, and Jake…

Jake was Jake.

But it was rare for Uri to lose his cool, he was always calm and collected and when he did lose his temper-it was usually a sight to behold to put it politely.

Uri was the first to graduate and then go onto train with at the Slayton Dojo in the Carolinas with Jake coming next and training over in California with the Graves family while Ryo and Robert had things to take care of before they went to go and train with Matsuda in New York.

But he was still the oldest-when Jake and Elena broke up, he was the one that Jake turned to for support and when Ryo started his relationship with his girlfriend, it was Uri that he confided in.

Uri cast a quick glance at his phone and then a thought crossed his mind, he knew that the others wouldn’t approve of it, but as he rubbed his chin-Uri made his decision.

Uri:
Hey Davey. Wanna grab some fresh air away from Sergent Stash and Lieutenant Loco?

David’s head turned to look over at Uri and then quietly nodded before following the older man out of the house proper and onto the back porch, where they could enjoy a beautiful view of the Hudson river.

Uri:
Excited about making your debut for EWI in a couple of weeks?

David:
Yeah. Rinoa isn’t sure about it though but then again she feels that she could do with some more training before her own debut.

Uri:
Well if it helps any, Miss Tara says that Rinoa is a natural and is ready, so if Tara thinks that she’s ready then there really isn’t anything more to question. True?

David couldn’t help but chuckle at that as he leaned against the porch railing and looked out at the river.

David:
Fair enough. So what’s up with you then?

Uri:
Nothing much. I do have one question though, you ever heard of Graham Baker?

David:
That Baker Six Belts Bloke, right? The bugger that’s got Wil all twisted up kinda?

Uri:
*chuckling slightly* Yeah, him. He’s doing a show in late May and I was thinking about asking for a spot on that show. But I’ll need a partner.

David:
So? Why don’t you ask Jake or one of the others?

Uri:
Well I know that Jake’s not available because President Slayton and Chairman Oda have already told him not to make plans for the event because they have an idea and you know that Rob and Ryo usually team together...so I thought I’d ask you.

David then turned to look at his friend with a questioning look-more trying to see if Uri was on the level or just joking with him.

And after a few long seconds, he nodded.

David:
Alright, what did you have in mind?

Uri:
Alright. I was thinking that you and I could team up against one of the hottest rookie teams around. You ever heard of the Skills Vendors out of New Frontier Wrestling?

David started to shake his head but then he stopped and blinked a couple of times as a thought quickly crossed his mind at which point as old saying that Uri’s father once said to him as he prepared for a final came to him;

“You must have your heart on fire and your brain on ice.”

Once those words echoed through Uri’s mind, he calmly placed a hand onto David’s shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze along with a confident smile.

Uri:
There is nothing to be concerned about, David.

David:
I know...but one of them is Jake’s girl, Uri.

Uri gave his young friend an incredulous look.

Uri:
Is she, Dave? I mean when was the last time that she said anything about him or acknowledged that really sweet thing that Ri commented about a couple of weeks back?

Uri watched as David went silent for a moment, actually trying to recall the answers to the very things in question that Uri had posed to him and then after a few seconds, Uri felt the young man’s shoulder untense under his hand.

David:
I dunno, maybe she’s just been real busy you know? I just don’t want Jake getting pissed off at us for this...you know?

Uri:
For what, challenging a supposed "girlfriend" and her partner to a match at a three night wrestling event, David? Where’s the harm in that?

David slowly nodded in agreement, slowly coming around to Uri’s line of thinking.

Uri:
Besides, if Jake does have a problem with it then he’ll take it up with me because I talked you into it...fair?

David stayed quiet for a few more seconds, mulling things over in his young head before he slowly nodded in agreement.

David:
Alright that’s fair...I guess. So we really don’t have anything to worry about then?

Uri:
That’s right, nothing at all. I promise you, now if you want to head back in then I’ll give Graham a quick phone call and set things up, arlight?

David nodded, his head slightly awhirl with the events of the conversation before he headed back into the house proper as Uri pulled his phone out and scrolled down his contact list until he reached one in particular.

But as his thumb hovered over the button to dial, Uri stopped and thought about things for a moment as a moment of doubt crept into his mind;

Was he really doing the right thing by and for one of his oldest and best friends?

And then another one of the sayings that his father had found for his class years ago crossed Uri’s mind.

"How can you make a revolution without executions?"

And with that, Uri smiled as his thumb pressed the dial button before bringing the phone up to his ear.

Back to top Go down

Behind the Mayhem-”Burning the skies”
Page 1 of 1