Pro Wrestling Nova
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official home of Pro Wrestling Nova.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Defiant Card
Chapter 21 July 22nd, 2023
RP Deadline: July 21th, 2023, 11:59 pm CST

Main Event: Roxanne Vendetta vs. Miho Li vs. Wil Pierce Triple Threat match for the "Wild Card" spot for Stephanie Matsuda/Ian Dickson/??? World Title match
Jacob Striker vs. Christopher Sabertooth SSW Intercontinental title match
Raijin Hunter vs. Stark
The Rogue Horsemen (Ryo Sakazaki/Kain Reyes) vs. Hans Olsen/El Landerson vs. The Shinigami Foundation (David Gibson/Thomas Bane) Triple Threat for the vacant SSW Puroeseu Tag Team championships.
Bianca Davis vs. Megane Diavola
Logan Burgess vs. Hellfighter & Madison Wright vs. Celes Dumont
Latest topics
» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 11:28 am by The Office

» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 am by The Office

» Havok from Japan tour section 2
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 9:27 am by The Office

» HAVOC from Japan tour section 1
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 am by The Office

» Havoc Television #1: Beginnings
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 11:34 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Small Talk Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 9:13 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Small Talk Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 9:50 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Small Talk Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 am by The Office

Small Talk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matsuda

Matsuda

Small Talk Empty
PostSubject: Small Talk   Small Talk Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Defiant Promo #1

“Small Talk”

(The camera opens up to a small studio where PWN Backstage Interviewer Zanna Mitchell is sitting across from “The War Queen” Stephanie “Cloud” Matsuda. The studio is decorated to look like a comfortable living room adorned with white furniture. Zanna is dressed in a pink dress while Stephanie is wearing jeans and a navy sleeveless shirt. In a rare public display, she’s wearing her glasses instead of her contacts.)

Zanna Mitchell: Hello, welcome to our program. I’m here with one of our first signed wrestlers and one-half of Defiant’s main event, Stephanie Matsuda. Thank you for coming in.

Stephanie Matsuda: Thank you for having me.

Zanna Mitchell: When the company was first announced, you were announced as one of the big names that were signed. What made you, an accomplished former world champion twice over, want to join Pro Wrestling Nova?

Stephanie Matsuda: Why? Why not, I say. When I first left my old brand, I decided that I wanted to do things differently. Not only did I want to fight in some of the biggest promotions, but I wanted to help out the smaller ones. Now I can’t be everywhere at once, but I do what I can.

Zanna Mitchell: Is that the trend now? Like high profile talent signed to more than one promotion?

Stephanie Matsuda: That’s how it was back in the day, to a certain extent. You’ll have guys signed to a territory for a certain amount of time before they moved somewhere else. Then in the late eighties, talent was signed to exclusive contracts. But, that became a form of control for the promoters. It did the talent no favors whatsoever. I get it, though. You need to make money. But the goal for any warrior is to become the best in their craft. How can one do that under a single umbrella? So I left in search of worthy opponents. I want to evolve as a pro wrestler Zanna. Places like OWA, EWC, WWH, OATH, and now PWN is giving me that opportunity.

Zanna Mitchell: Well your opponent in the main event is Alex Pierce. He’s said some pretty interesting things about you on social media. What’s your take on that?

Stephanie Matsuda: Mr. Pierce came correct, so I’ll do so in turn. This is a guy who’s been in the business almost as long as I have. He’s did his time in Japan, and now he seeks a bigger stage to hone his craft. That’s what I like about Alex- he wants to evolve as a talent. He wants more than what’s being handed to him. He’s in OATH like me and he’s doing whatever he can to get it done. You can’t help but admire someone with that level of fire and dedication. Like me, he was forged in the flames of strong style. In fact, I’m looking forward to this match. I told myself that in 2020 I was going to work harder than ever before and this is as good of a start as any.

Zanna Mitchell: What are your goals for your time here in PWN?

Stephanie Matsuda: My goals? Well to be the world champion. I want to represent this brand and take it to heights unforeseen. I want to accumulate prestige, which can only be done by fighting worthy opponents. Alex Pierce is one of them. As is Sweet Roxy, Hans Olsen, and Arata Asakura. These are people I’ve seen in the same places I’ve been in. Some of these people I even fought. I can say first-hand that PWN has the talent to help the company thrive. But, it’s going to grow to even further heights with me at the helm.

Zanna Mitchell: Those are some bold choices of words. Doesn’t it sound a little bit arrogant when you think about it?

Stephanie Matsuda: There’s a thin line between arrogance and confidence, Zanna. I feel that I’m confident in my beliefs. I’d like to think that my intentions are pure in this regard. Now, I’m not perfect. I’m liable to pop off at a moment’s notice. But I’m firm in what I stand for. An ace has to wear different hats depending on the scenario. Sometimes you’re the hero. Other times, you’re the villain. The narrative of the challenger is the one the public follows and their image of you is affected by that story. The tale of this main event is a guy who has yet gotten his due vs a woman who is on the verge of becoming a legend. Alex is the challenger in this scenario. The public views me as the ambivalent master of war, awaiting a worthy challenger. I can play that role Zanna. In fact, I accept it wholeheartedly.

Zanna Mitchell: That’s a tall order, even for you.

Stephanie Matsuda: It is, but what’s life without a bit of risk, right? Last year, I’ve won and lost, the same as the year prior. It’s in a true warrior’s nature to win and lose. How do you expect anyone to grow if they leaned too far to one or the other? Lessons must be learned and tested on the battlefield. This year I’m concerning myself with the development of Matsuda-style Lucharesu. Through each fight I have, I will come closer to mastering my craft. I thank Alex Pierce for the opportunity to improve myself. Let’s hope that after I pin him in the center of the ring, he walks away with some lessons of his own.

Zanna Mitchell: I’m sure he’ll take that to heart.

Stephanie Matsuda: I hope he will. Now if you excuse me, I have a plane to catch.

Zanna Mitchell: Of course. Thank you for coming in, Mrs. Matsuda.

Stephanie Matsuda: Likewise, Zanna. See you and the people at home at Defiant.

(Stephanie and Zanna wave at the camera as it fades to black.)
Back to top Go down

Small Talk
Page 1 of 1