Pro Wrestling Nova
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official home of Pro Wrestling Nova.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Defiant Card
Chapter 21 July 22nd, 2023
RP Deadline: July 21th, 2023, 11:59 pm CST

Main Event: Roxanne Vendetta vs. Miho Li vs. Wil Pierce Triple Threat match for the "Wild Card" spot for Stephanie Matsuda/Ian Dickson/??? World Title match
Jacob Striker vs. Christopher Sabertooth SSW Intercontinental title match
Raijin Hunter vs. Stark
The Rogue Horsemen (Ryo Sakazaki/Kain Reyes) vs. Hans Olsen/El Landerson vs. The Shinigami Foundation (David Gibson/Thomas Bane) Triple Threat for the vacant SSW Puroeseu Tag Team championships.
Bianca Davis vs. Megane Diavola
Logan Burgess vs. Hellfighter & Madison Wright vs. Celes Dumont
Latest topics
» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 11:28 am by The Office

» Chapter 22: "Man on the Silver Mountain"
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 am by The Office

» Havok from Japan tour section 2
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 9:27 am by The Office

» HAVOC from Japan tour section 1
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 am by The Office

» Havoc Television #1: Beginnings
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 11:34 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 am by The Office

» Chapter 21: Jacob Striker's Backfist to the Future
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 9:13 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 9:50 am by The Office

» Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:16 am by The Office

Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Office
Admin
The Office

Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase   Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 9:50 am

{Earlier in the day, a black stretched hummer pulls up to one of the loading areas for the Chase hotel and Piero gets out of the back of the vehicle as the rest of the Mechanical Animals start to get out of the vehicle as well along with a couple of new faces but as the group starts to head inside of the building, before Troy Harker comes walking up to the group and holding his hands up}

TH: Before you all beat the shit outta me, just please understand that I got tagged to be the messenger, alright?

{Jake crosses his arms over his chest with a raised eyebrow}

JS: And why would we do that, Troy?

TH: Because President Slayton has changed things up a little bit for the Trios match tonight..he's taking Wil out and putting Trafalgar in.

{This causes some issue with some of the MA as they all start talking at once before Jake rolls his eyes and lets out an ear splitting whistle to get their attention before Wil looks over at Troy}

WP: Does that mean that I'm taking Law's place in his match against King Havoc then?

TH: Nope, Law is wrestling *BOTH* matches here tonight.

{The conversation starts up again as Jake simply runs a hand through his hair for a moment before he does another whistle, stopping the conversations before drapping a friendly arm across Law's shoulders}

JS: Law's got this. Hands down, because this is his night to shine.

{The rest of the MA is on board with this and the group heads into the arena...with the exception of Wil whose eyes narrow sharply as the screen fades out}
=======================================================

{The screen comes up and we are shown the office of Defiant General Manager Natasha Booth with the woman herself sitting on the edge of her desk with a broad smile on her face}

NB: Hello ladies and gentlemen, my name is Natasha Booth and I’m the general manager of Defiant and right now I would like to address the situation involving the Pro Wrestling Nova Unified World’s Heavyweight championship that was last held by Graham Baker following his victory at our Day of Reckoning pay per view.

Now due to Mister Baker’s inability to defend our championship prior to his retirement, it is the decision of the championship committee to vacate the Unified championship and to hold it up for the time being but that does not mean that there is no plan for the championship.

{Natasha Booth holds up a piece of paper and gives the camera an even bigger smile}

NB: Now this is an interesting little piece of paper as it is for a three way dance pitting our former champion, the “Queen of Fighters” that is Stephanie Matsuda against our very own PWN Original in Ian Dickson and a third wrestler who will be the winner of a special “Wild Card” match at chapter twenty one that will put Roxanne Vendetta against Miho Li and Wil Pierce for the third spot in the world title match at an upcoming chapter event.

We here at Pro Wrestling Nova will keep you updated on forthcoming events and such as the match continues to grow in substance. Thank you for your time and patience.

{The camera fades out to black}
======================================================

{The sound of whistling wind and the familiar guitar lick of Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" accompany the scene of a pair of gloved hands in front of a black background loading a round into a rifle, then snapping the chamber shut. The gun turns towards the screen, and almost at the same time the camera view turns with it, to end up behind the sight.}

[Music]
It's 2am (it's 2 am)/Fear is gone (fear is gone)
I'm somewhere where/The Gun's still warm
Thinking my connection/Is tired of taking chances

{The black background is interrupted by a roaming "gunsight" view,
within which PWN action can be seen; the sight moves across the
screen, every so often cutting to change directions (and video
footage).}

[Music]: Now I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone ...

{Sight moves from left to right; Alex Slayer cinches the Slayer Clutch on Remy Orbax.}

[Music]: This is a madhouse/Feels like being home ...

{Sight moves from bottom upwards; Lash Donohue mugs on the mic with Jacob Striker close in tow.}

[Music]: My feet they can't move/Under moon and star ...

{Sight moves from lower left to center and back to upper left (in a
">" pattern); Wil Pierce hoists Graham Baker into a
Mephisto Waltz through a table.}

[Music]: Where am I to go Now that I've gone too far ...

{Sight moves from lower right to upper left in broad arc; Miho Li
subjects Megane Diavola to the Mi Kicks.}

[Music]: You will come to know/when the bullet hits the bone.

{Sight moves from left to right, jagging up and down erratically; Ian Dickenson throws Jacob Knight into the Hellion.}

[Music]: You will come to know ...
when the bullet hits the bone ...

{Cut to a scene of four simultaneous "gunsights" (without the internal
video), converging on slightly wobbly paths towards the lower left
corner. As the four intersect, a loud drumbeat corresponds with the crack of a gunshot; the screen flashes bright white, then fades into the logo for Pro Wrestling Nova’s Defiant brand as the camera shows to the commentary desk where Benjamin, Justin, and Chad are sitting}

BG: Hello everyone and welcome from Kentucky Kingdom here in the heart of Saint Louis Missouri!!

CS: And in a place of pure wrestling history as we are currently inside of the legendarily *EPIC* Chase Park Plaza Hotel where once upon a time, many decades ago, from 1959 through 1983, the Saint Louis Wrestling Club, which was a member of the old National Wrestling Alliance, held their weekly show known as "Wrestling at the Chase" and tonight, we too get to honor that very legacy by having our twentieth chapter show here in such an august place!

BG: Okay...I'm impressed, Chadd. You know your stuff.

CS: Dude, of course I would know this shit. When I was a kid, visiting my grandparents right here in Saint Louis, I got to sit on my grandpapa's shoulders and watch some of the true legends of this sport wrestle here and that helped spark my eventual descent into wrestling myself!

BG: Thank you for sharing such an important part of your history with us, Chadd.

CS: Not a problem, I just didn't want you guys to think that I was that *that* shallow, you dig?

{Benjamin simply ignores the question and before Chad can move on it, Justin nods and motions towards the camera)

JE: And what a show that we have tonight as in our main event we've got Ian Dickenson against none other than multi time OWA champion, the "Grinning Demon" Ryo Sakazaki.

CS: Yeah, a serious first time meeting between these two guys and it should be a very violent slobberknocker!

JE: Isn't that the truth and plus here tonight, we've got a first time ever match that puts members of President Slayton's Rogue Horsemen against the Jacob Striker supported group of the Mechanical Animals in a trios match.

CS: I'm still curious what's the story behind that match...

BG: That maybe, but let’s get on with our first match of the night, shall we?
=====================================================

Hellfighter vs. Gabriel Marik

This was a true brawl between two very skilled big men with Marik getting the early advantage in the match following a sneak attack with his signature chain as Hellfighter was making his entrance and Marik had control of most of the match up to the mid-way point where the "Unchained Gorilla" missed a Stinger Splash on Hellfighter in one of the corners at which point the older veteran simply went to town on Marik for several minutes before finally flooring him with a shockingly impressive tilt-a-whirl backbreaker onto the slightly smaller man for a near three count!

Eventually the two big men got back into a slugging war with Hellfighter finishing things with a "Line Dance" and "Suplex World Tour" before finally hitting the "Kansas City Slamma-Jamma" for the win.

Winner of the Match at 14:12: The Hellfighter with the "Kansas City Slamma-Jamma".
======================================================

Match 2: Jonetta Stone vs. Madison Wright

This was an incredibly short match as Madison came out and simply tried to prove her dominance over of all people Jonetta *FUCKING* Stone and it ended badly for her as the HunterxHunter of the Dollhouse simply ended the match at the five minute mark.

Winner of the Match at 5:00: Jonetta Stone with the "Stack Overflow".
========================================================

{The opening chords of AC/DC’s “Hell’s Bells” begins to play throughout the arena as Pro Wrestling Nova’s President and Owner in Chris Slayton comes walking out to a massive face pop as he stands on the middle of the stage, waiting for his music to fade and the fans to calm down}

CS: Thank you Saint Louis, thank you for that incredible welcome. So, how do you like the new stage and everything??

BG: It was kind of strange to come back from our break to see how the entrance way and the ring had been changed.

JE: I know, my friend. It was rather jarring.

CS: Now during our down time following the last show, one of our business partners in Strong Style Wrestling also went through a period of change as its chairman needed to take a well deserved break and as such, he has appointed a Director of Operations and I would like to introduce him now, so Ladies and Gentlemen…he is the Director of Operations for Strong Style Wrestling, EIJI NAKAMURA!!!

{As the familiar sounds of Alan Parsons Project’s “Sirius” begins to play throughout the Chase as a Japanese man in a black business suit comes walking out onto the stage and the two men bow to each other respectfully before the music fades out and Chris hands the mic to Eiji}

CS: Holy shit on a shingle folks! This is the man once known as “Go-Devil Nakamura” in Japanese Wrestling Revolution, Shinsei Toubaku-gun, and Super Japan Pro Wrestling!! I thought he was retired!?

BG: From what I know of things overseas, he has only been in semi-retirement since the final sale and closure of Super Japan Pro Wrestling and since he’s here in Pro Wrestling Nova at the forefront of the new efforts for Strong Style Wrestling…

EN: Thank you, Mister Slayton, for such a warm welcome. I am honored that Oda-sama chose me, out of all the possible choices in the world of professional wrestling, to replace him in this current time and venture. As such, I am afraid that I must jump into my responsibilities right now, such as for all current holders of championships in SSW, a number of you have simply dropped your belts as you felt this company was not going to continue and as such if I don’t hear from you within the next thirty days from this show’s broadcast, I will consider your title or titles vacant.

However, I have been in communication with our mutual business partner in Scott Oasis to have at least one of the SSW title matches happen on Omega television as I am here-by awarding the former Strong Style Wrestling United States champion Jeff X his long awaited rematch against the current holder of that particular championship in the form of the Rogue Horsemen’s own Ryo Sakazaki.

Also as of this moment, I am here by deactivating the Strong Style Wrestling Cracker championship and I am reactivating the SSW Junior Heavyweight championship and I will be announcing a tournament to crown the first new champion in a matter of weeks to which I hope to include members of the SSW, OWA, Wrestleworld, SWWS, and PWN rosters to this tournament as well.

Furthermore since Bad Boy Know has down right refused to contact me nor has anyone heard from him in as many weeks, I am forced to declare the Intercontinental championship to be vacant and with your permission Chris, on the very next chapter of Pro Wrestling Nova I would like to put the title up for grabs as I am putting the last man to want to challenge for the title in the form of Jacob Striker against none other than Christopher Sabertooth.

BG: Now this is simply shocking, ladies and gentlemen!! The current Director of SSW is really laying down the law here with several major announcements about several strong style championships plus the announcement that the SSW Intercontinental championship will be defended here on Pro Wrestling Nova television live here on our next chapter!!

JE: Dios Mio!!! I wasn’t expecting this kind of news, especially on the heels of the announcement earlier in the show about the Unified championship, my friends!!

CS: Yeah, but I honestly don’t think that good ol’ Nakamura is done with his big announcements, guys.

{The camera then cuts back to the entrance stage where Nakamura waits for the fans’ cheering to die down so that he can continue}

EN: Now, one of Oda’s last decisions was to split the roster into two branches. One being SSW Japan and the other being SSW North America and I wish to continue this trend, however since I am only one man and I have a vast empire to cover…I have decided to appoint two, let us call them Coordinators shall we? One Coordinator for Japan and one for North America and they will handle the events of their respective rosters as they see fit without the over ad hoc oversight of Oda’s Shoguns, of whom I’ve yet to hear anything from as a matter of fact.

As such right now I wish you all to meet the Coordinator for North America, Mister Benjamin Stone!!

{“Devil” by Shinedown begins to play as the man himself comes calmly walking out of the backstage area where he walks right up to Mister Nakamura and shakes his hand before moving to stand next to his employer, all without saying a singular word even though he is offered the mic by Nakamura who simply shrugs and nods}

EN: However, the identity of the coordinator for SSW Japan will remain a mystery for the time being, he has already handed me a match that he wishes to see happen for the next chapter of Pro Wrestling Nova television and that is at chapter twenty one live from Los Angeles California, my coordinator for Japan has stated that there will be a triple threat match putting the current reigning, defending, and undefeated South West Wrestling Syndicate World Tag Team champions in the form of any two of the Rogue Horsemen to square off against Hans Olsen and El Landerson *AND* the newly formed Shinigami Foundation duo of David Gibson and Thomas Bane for the Strong Style Wrestling Puroresu Tag Team championships!!

{The fans explode once more with a heated reaction as “Sirius” begins to play once more as the camera cuts to the announcer’s desk where we see the three of them in deep conversation}

CS: Well I’ll be fu….

JE: Exactly!

BG: With that news that means for our next chapter we will have three major matches which includes the triple threat for the wild card spot in the forthcoming world title match between Stephanie Matsuda and Ian Dickson for the vacant Pro Wrestling Nova Unified championship, plus the Puroresu Tag Team title triple threat match, and now according to what I’ve just been told in my earpiece is that the match for the vacant Intercontinental title has been signed as Christopher Sabertooth will be going up against Jacob Striker, with all three to happen live from Los Angeles!!

{The camera fades to commercial on that}
==============================================

Match 3: The Mechanical Animals (Trafalgar Law, Raijin Hunter, & Hans Olsen w/Amanda Belnadis & Piera) vs. The Slayton Family (Devon, Patrick, & David w/Reno Dumont)

In perhaps one of the most brutal trios matches in the history of this company, Raijin Hunter lead his faction in a fight against three of the Slayton family which in turn lead to a one night multi-fed conflict as Hunter wrestles also for One Wrestle Movement & the Extreme Wrestling Corporation with Wil Pierce while Devon Slayton wrestles for the Millenium Wrestling Enterprises & Wrestleworld while Patrick and David also wrestle for Extreme Championship Wrestling Federation!

One of the true MVPs of this match was Hans as he managed to hold his own for a solid chunk of this match, even holding his own against both halves of the Dynasty and even managing to kick out of the "Final Vindication" tandem move that nobody has ever kicked out of before!!

This match went back and forth for a long time with both sets of trios managing to one massive near-pinfall after another until the final sequence of events saw Hans get a blind tag on Law as Law was hit by a Devon "Hotstreak" into a Dynasty "Spin Doctor" tandem move with David going for the pin only for the ref to tell him it was no good right before he got yanked into the "American Roulette" by Hans who then got the pinfall for his team!

The Winners by Pinfall at 14:35: The Mechanical Animals (Trafalgar Law, Raijin Hunter, & Hans Olsen) via the "American Roulette" (Vertical Suplex Powerbomb).
========================================

Match 4: Bianca Davis vs. Sweet Roxy

Now this was an impressive throw down by two of the top female wrestlers in Pro Wrestling Nova as Davis and Roxy put on a violent clinic with the reigning and defending PWN Junior Heavyweight champion showing why she is still the holder of that belt.

While the more experienced Roxy managed to showcase what has made her such a main eventer in promotions such as Wrestleworld and the World Wrestling Headquarters, she still had trouble keeping Bianca down as it seemed the younger woman was determined to prove something in this match especially after she ate a series of five "Tramp Stamp" superkicks before taking a "Felina" curb stomp only for Bianca to get back up, seemingly fueled by the pain.

The end of the match came when Bianca was able to transition a "Bitch Lasagna" attempt by Roxy into the "Beauty Sleep" for the three count victory.

Winner by pinfall at 11:42: Bianca Davis via the "Beauty Sleep" (GTS)
===========================================

Match 5: Christopher Sabertooth vs. Trafalgar Law

In what was being considered to be an ultimate battle of "David vs. Goliath", Trafalgar Law of JROK took on International Superstar Christopher Sabertooth in an extremely physical match as the young rookie went to the international veteran with everything that he had and attempted to end the match quickly as he knew Sabertooth's reputation.

One of the highlights of the match was when the two of then got into a chop contest in the middle of the ring with the younger Law's chest coming out in the end looking like raw hamburger before Sabertooth flattened him with a "ClimaX" right there in the middle of the ring for a near-fall.

Another spot of note was when Sabertooth attempted "Zero Eclipse" on Law only for the younger man to quickly catch him in mid-air with a crossface chickenwing that he cinched in good and tight in the middle of the ring for several minutes before Sabertooth was finally able to inch the two of them over to the ropes to cause a rope break.

But no matter how hard Law fought, following another striking flurry in the middle of the ring, Law went for a Devon Slayton-style Discus Clothesline attempt only for Sabertooth to duck under it and then quickly hit the "Back to Reality" before he transitioned that into the "Giga Drill Break" but when Law attempted to kick out of that, Sabertooth simply rolled that through into the "Day of Reckoning" for the submission pin in the end.

Winner by Submission at 14:35: Christopher Sabertooth via the "Day of Reckoning" (Liontamer)

After the match, the commentators congratulated Law’s tremendous effort as he had wrestled two matches in the same night, something that even Sabertooth respected as he gave the younger man a nod of respect before leaving the ring.

=========================================

Main Event: Ian Dickenson vs. Ryo Sakazaki

Our main event put the current reigning and defending Pro Wrestling Nova International Heavyweight champion against the current reigning and defending Strong Style Wrestling United States Heavyweight champion in Ryo Sakazaki with the OWA Superstar making his entrance with best friend and fellow Rogue Horseman in one half of the SWWS World Tag Team champions in “Hot Stuff” Kain Reyes while Ian had Ebony at ringside for him.

These two men practically went to war with each other as neither man held back in this match as from the moment that the bell rung, they were already trying to tear each other's others throat out with their bare hands with too many insane spots to try and go into here but needless to say that the sheer level of physical *VIOLENCE* on display this night was impressive to say the least with the level of brutality being kicked up even more as Ryo started to change his usual playbook mid-match as he suddenly pulled a move out of Jeff X’s playbook as he hit none other than Jeff’s own “Hurricane Winds” triple German suplex before trying to go for a pinfall attempt only for Ian to kick out of it and use his legs to transition them into a kind of bridging Fujiwara Armbar but Ryo used his height to his advantage to cause a rope-break.

At another point in the match as Ian when for a European Uppercut, Ryo started hitting Ian hard in the skull with one stiff elbow strikes to the skull of Ian, ala Brandon Hendrix’s “BLOOD” signature as he drove Ian into the nearest turnbuckle but in the end, Ian was able to get an elbow up and into Ryo’s face that knocked him back a bit just long enough for him to start really laying into the former “Invincible Dragon” with one stiff forearm shot after another until finally Ryo was staggered enough for Ian to kick Ryo hard in the stomach before hitting the Hellion on Ryo for the three count victory!!

Winner of the Match: Ian Dickenson via the “Hellion” powerbomb at 20:00 flat.

After the match as Ryo is rolling to the floor, Ian nods with approval at his opponent who in turn holds back Reyes from going after Ian out of respect as the screen fades to black.
Back to top Go down
https://pwnonline.forumotion.com

Chapter 20: Beyond the Chase
Page 1 of 1